Saturday, May 14, 2011

My Dad



This is a very dear layout to me. This is of my Dad and I who I lost 5 years ago. I have only ever been able to put one layout together of Dad.. too hard for me to do. I have had this favourite photo out of us on other paper and trying to work on it for 5 months now.. I have changed it around, changed the paper, cried, stopped, started… and this time I have put it together using the simply stunning Websters Pages Ladies and Gents collection. I love this collection and it seems to just flow for me. I still too forever putting it together but that was all the emotions going on too. Seems silly but that is our inner self I guess.
I have used the lovely Ladies and Gents Die Cut. I love these. They look so pretty. I have inked up the edges to give it more definition. I have cut out the cute as mirror off the Ladies and Gents Framed Beauty paper and a couple of the beautiful stickers they put out with each and every collection they design. I love the sweet words on these sticker pages. So many to use.


The background paper I have used is the Ladies and Gents Time of my life. This is super cute and I have have used a Martha Stewart punch for the edge using the blue side of this gorgeous paper. I love clusters in the corner using my2angels stash. I have sprayed up one of Tracys Gardenias using Tattered Angels Glimmer mist. I have used Coffee Shop Brown... covered a tag using some of the scrap paper and a Tim Holtz Love tag. And of course one of my favourite charms.. the crown. Love this! I have inked up the Scrapware Chipboard Antique Lowercase Alphas Mini.


I have inked these up too to give them the distressed aged look.. Seriously girls.. this range is so beautiful I have lots of scraps that I am going to make some delicious cards from so watch this space as I will be posting them soon.
Take care and have a fantastic weekend.
Moonie x

4 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous layout of the you and your dad Lisa! The papers are beautiful! I'm sure it must have been a very emotional process for you. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow dear girl, you did your dad so proud, I am very proud of you for completing this layout, and yes understand just how hard this would have been for you....maybe a frame would be the ideal thing for this stunning layout, love to you, Melx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So proud of you for working through this and ending up with such a beautiful layout to honour your Dad. I'm sure this will be the first of many. Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow babe, even though you are sick you have still managed to create something truly stunning. What a beautiful memory for you to cherish forever. Proud of you for being strong and creating it even if it meant tears.
    Get well soon, my sweet xx

    ReplyDelete