Sunday, August 22, 2010

Phew... Time to chill out!

Well after a huge 4 weeks.. my batteries are officially flat!!
I have not been so busy with life, work and scrapping for a long time. It has been big but I am glad I got done what I set out to achieve. I have just had a lovely weekend at the Daisy Chain retreat in Nambour. These retreats are always so much fun. Barbi feeds us up like there is no tomorrow on her yummy goodies which we all love, we had lots of laughs but sadly this time round I had absolutely no motivation. I was if anything getting so totally frustrated with myself. The more I couldn't think the more I got frustrated so I had two layouts I just put to the side. I managed to get 2.5 layouts done. I am nearly finished one of my Mum and Dad on their Wedding Day which is so special to me. Just have to get my hands on some flowers I have in mind to be able to finish it off.
So now I can at least take a big breath in and feel free that I have no commitments on for the following 7 days except work. And I only have to put in two full days this week so that is great.
Here are my two layouts I got done this weekend. Can't believe this is all I got done though.

This is my sweet Sam from Mackay who I got to see when we were up North two weeks ago. Learning the wink was so funny.. They are such characters at this age. Looove this paper too.

And this is for a friends Mum. Marni is on the left who works for my sister and keeps my hair nice and blonde.... :-) This is a great family portrait of them all. I am putting this on a canvas for her and it is being sent to her Mum as a gift.
I have used the Heidi Swapp printed crate paper which I have glimmer misted then sewn ribbon over the top roughly. I've also used the Martha Stewart punch and Tim Holtz Scallop Die Cuts.
So that's it for me for this week my friends.. Terrible week for blogging but hey, we have weeks like this don't we. Life just gets so crazy.
Take care and off to check up on all your blogs for the first time in a week.
Moonie x

4 comments:

  1. I was worried about you this weekend Lisa as you looked so exhausted. I hope you catch up on some rest and get some relaxation over the next week. The layouts you did get done at camp are just gorgeous xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are awesome layouts for someone who wasn't motivated! Love the banners and how cute is that wink!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes we do have weeks like this one, and I think wow you are way too hard on yourself, 2.5 layouts is great, I sometimes take 2.5 days to finish 1. lol. But you sound like you need a big recharge, and I hope you are relaxing as you read this. I love your gorgeous layouts, wow, you are an awesome scrapper, and you know the paper in the 2nd one reminds me of the edging sides of your blog here. gorgeous. Hope you are feeling better and on top of it all soon. Don't you hate it when you have times like these. I congratulate you for being open all the time, thinking of you. Melxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Tracy, love love love the learning to wink one especially

    ReplyDelete